C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ozi abroad

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 AM
AB73
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ozi abroad

Hi guys

A friend of mine has just bought himself an 87 Vette, picked it up in Florida and arrives shortly in Long Beach to stick it on a boat to bring it home.

He is on the road and not a member of the Forum yet, but that will change when he gets back and I intoduce him to the online brotherhood.

Anyway he has two questions, first can anyone recomend a good vendor in or around Long Beach as he wants to pickup a rubber kit.

Second, he has this wierd problem with his dash instruments, he can only read the instruments with polarised glasses on. He is thinking that if the instrument panel is shot, he would like to try and pick one up before he leaves the States, again from somewhere in or around or as close as to Long Beach.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Tony
Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Red 91
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

J@D Corvette
Old 08-02-2011, 08:11 PM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AB73
he wants to pickup a rubber kit.
Man o man should I???? No best leave it I know you guys talk differently than we do. I assume your talking a weatherstrip kit. Willcox Corvette has the best reputation here for selling quality kits. You may find them cheaper but quality will suffer.

As for the dash, you can get a polarized film to go over the dash. I think the problem is caused by sun exposure to the LEDs. He can also buy a refurbed assembly if there is any other problem with it.

I admire you fellers for buying a US LH drive, shipping it down under, converting it to RH drive before you can enjoy it. Dont take all of our cars please!

Good luck to you and your buddy.........errr Mate I guess.
BTW tell him he is bound to post up picks of his car when he joins.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 AM
AB73
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, and yes that was a weather kit. One keeps it in the other out, go figure

Thanks for the heads up on the film, evidently with sun glasses on he has full instruments, but that becomes a bit of a problem at night.

My mate intends to keep his car left hand drive same as my C3, that's legal here in our State for cars over 25yo. Makes driving that little bit more interesting, especially overtaking.

We are working hard at rescuing as many Vettes as we can, but I feel sure there will be one or two left for you guys, and we do treat em good, it aint cheap to get em here, and don't get me started on the cost of parts and shipping half a world away.

But if it was easy, everyone would be doin it, just like Ford drivers.

Thanks again.
Tony
Old 08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
3D87C4
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AB73
Thanks for the heads up on the film, evidently with sun glasses on he has full instruments, but that becomes a bit of a problem at night.
Funny, I can't read my dash display when I am wearing polarized sunglasses.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Rodney_Gold
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeh, me too, can't read when wearing polarised glasses...
LHD in a RHD country is cool, We the same here in south africa. Overtaking isn't a problem if you got the power
At the stoplights, just make sure you in the right lane , roll down your window and you RIGHT in the other drivers face , great intimidation tactic when doing those stoplight (actually called a robot here) to stoplight drag races

Get notified of new replies

To Ozi abroad

Quick Reply: Ozi abroad