C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

lt4 tunning problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
petrov83
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt4 tunning problems?

So I finally decided to cam my c4 corvette with the cc503 but the recommended local shop that deals with chevys said that they don't touch 1996 corvettes with a stock computer because they get all kinds of problems when you try to tune them? Like telectronical failures?, is that true? The guy said that I would need to buy a new computer if I wanted to tune my 96 vett. I live in south florida, Boca Raton. Any trusted shops around that would be welling to tune and cam my vett?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:14 PM
James93LT1
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

PCM for less should be able to flash you PCM with a new tune. Just get the cam installed, and pcm sent out, it should be back by the time you are ready to crank up.

http://www.pcmforless.com/
Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
1963SS
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't let that fuy around your Vette. He hasn't got a clue. There's not much you can do to software to screw up hardware. I guess you could do it but it would take some mad.....bad....skilz.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by 1963SS
Don't let that fuy around your Vette. He hasn't got a clue. There's not much you can do to software to screw up hardware. I guess you could do it but it would take some mad.....bad....skilz.
Yeah, I was a little lean after two attempts with PCM but TachItUp in Dayton got it running nice, smooth and strong. Nothing wrong with tuning on a '96, just some tuners have no experience and are lost. Pay the gas to travel and have someone do it that knows what they are doing. If you try to find someone that is simply local then you will end up trying 3 or 4 different shops over a few months because you are not satisfied and just end up paying a lot more money in the end. Hopefully, during that time, you won't hurt the engine.

Get notified of new replies

To lt4 tunning problems?

Quick Reply: lt4 tunning problems?