C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1993 C4 w/ Bose system cutting in and out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 AM
GvilleFloridaC4
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1993 C4 w/ Bose system cutting in and out?

Hey guys, I tired to do some research on this before I posted but couldnt find what I was looking for.

I have a 93 c4 w/ the " upgraded " bose stereo... sometime it was work just fine and MOST of the time it sounds like the music is either cutting in and out and circling around your head... what would make it do this? the amps going bad?? Does the car have amp's on all the speakers or what?

Annnnnd if I went with a aftermarket radio will I not have to rewire everything? Does anyone know if they make a kit for that?

Thanks, any help would be great!

Austin
Old 01-25-2012, 09:10 AM
GvilleFloridaC4
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know where I can find some sort of wiring diagram ? I am not sure if all the speakers have amps, and is there a woofer in the back with the bose system or those back speakers make that much bass?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Michael Dowd
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sounds to me like either an amp or ground

I had the same problem in mine. I wire brushed the paint at the grounds in the rear and under the dash and replaced the amps and is currently working fine. Each speaker has an amp in it. The rear speakers are larger than the fronts and although I never really took the time to listen the rears do have more of a base than the fronts.
I was not in a big hurry when mine was not working properly and keep a watch on eBay for units for sale. I was able to get the complete system, radio, controller, speakers and amps for a steal. I sold the radio and recouped 90% of my money and kept the balance of the components as spares.

Get notified of new replies

To 1993 C4 w/ Bose system cutting in and out?

Quick Reply: 1993 C4 w/ Bose system cutting in and out?