C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help please ... Need info on where to get some decent tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 01:31 AM
ZELLSLIFE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help please ... Need info on where to get some decent tires

I've been looking for tires all day today being that I'm in a small town they are expensive and will take at least a week to get in. Then as things would have it that damn B&M shift plus(Installed this morning) just ripped the crap out of one of my rear tires :eek: made it home only to hear the wonderful hiss of a beaten down GSC :boxing If anyone could help me with maybe a link or where I could order them from. Or even suggest a good brand name on the lower dollar side since she will be stored in Aug until next year. I would greatly appreciate it.

[Modified by ZELLSLIFE, 12:32 AM 5/17/2002]
Old 05-17-2002, 01:42 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help please ... Need info on where to get some decent tires (ZELLSLIFE)

http://www.tirerack.com Talk to Luke. Good guy. Got 4 sets from him and I've never had a problem and I've saved a ton. Have them shipped to you or a garage that will install them. Figure $80 mounted and balanced+ shipping which for me was around $40.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:15 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Help please ... Need info on where to get some decent tires (ZELLSLIFE)

Tire Rack has always had good service, quick delivery and quality products.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:11 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And stay away from Badyears. Do yourself a favor and get Michelin Pilot sports, BF Goodrich GForce, or Firestone SZEPs. Being that you are in Maine, I would opt for the firestones as they are the best in rain.

Get notified of new replies

To Help please ... Need info on where to get some decent tires

Quick Reply: Help please ... Need info on where to get some decent tires