C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Aux fan switch research (Read this if considering a MAM Aux fan switch)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 09:59 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by mr-natural
87 L98 in a 58.
Oh yeah.....Cool!

Old 03-21-2018, 01:32 PM
mr-natural
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Gregg, the terminology gets a bit confusing for me. The 1-3 location below the heads is occupied by my Coolant Temperature Switch (to me the S in CTS could mean switch or sensor) which is working fine but I'm going to switch to a lower temp switch soon. I do have the Coolant Temperature Sensor installed at the front of the intake and it is operating properly according to my scan tool. Seems what I need is to get someone (I've looked and have not had any luck so far) to burn me a new chip. I'm not wanting to buy the hardware to do it myself, however that would be fun. Did you burn your own chip?

Last edited by mr-natural; 03-21-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:38 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by mr-natural
Gregg, the terminology gets a bit confusing for me. The 1-3 location below the heads is occupied by my Coolant Temperature Switch (to me the S in CTS could mean switch or sensor) which is working fine but I'm going to switch to a lower temp switch soon. I do have the Coolant Temperature Sensor installed at the front of the intake and it is operating properly according to my scan tool. Seems what I need is to get someone (I've looked and have not had any luck so far) to burn me a new chip. I'm not wanting to buy the hardware to do it myself, however that would be fun. Did you burn your own chip?
Yes, I burn my chips. You still didn't say if that switch is controlling your main fan though.

Quick Reply: Aux fan switch research (Read this if considering a MAM Aux fan switch)