C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Missing backup switch wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 PM
TSHANNON
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing backup switch wiring

The previous owner removed the wires and connector from the backup switch.Can't seem to find where he cut the wires out. My question is can I buy the connector and wires so I can add it to the main harness or just the connector?

I'm finding a number of silly things he did with the wiring when he put a push button start in and a new stereo as well as he had the cooling fan powered from the front side marker.

Thanks Tim
Old 03-29-2012, 06:38 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

Assuming you have a 6sp trans:
If you purchase a replacement back-up switch....which are now only available as an aftermarket piece, it comes with the connector on wires. You could just cut the connetor off and wire it into the wiring harness using some small bullet type connectors.
Or I guess you could find a used wiring harness connector and wire it in and then plug the aftermarket back-up switch in.

Finding the wires could be a bit difficult to get to as they are in the harness that goes across the top of the transmission. Not exactly easy to get to.

Now if you have an auto the back-up switch is in the console. But that is all I know about it. Never owned an auto.

Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: Missing backup switch wiring