C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Start, no-start, start, no-start..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Just BOB
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zralou
Code '28' is quad drivers that control fan and a/c relays. I don't see what affect either would have on ignition spark.

I tried the noid light test again, no flashing light while cranking....

Sara Lou
OK. I didn't know what the quads controlled. I probably should have read through the whole thread again before posting.

Looking through my '94 FSM and a couple of other 90's era GM FSMs, they all indicate that the ECM will not pulse the injectors unless you have good feedback from the ignition control module and/or reference pulses from the Opti.

What part of Birmingham are you in? It doesn't look like downtown. I am in Huntsville (and it is awful bleeping cold for MAY~!)

Last edited by Just BOB; 05-13-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Zralou
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just BOB
OK. I didn't know what the quads controlled. I probably should have read through the whole thread again before posting.

Looking through my '94 FSM and a couple of other 90's era GM FSMs, they all indicate that the ECM will not pulse the injectors unless you have good feedback from the ignition control module and/or reference pulses from the Opti.

What part of Birmingham are you in? It doesn't look like downtown. I am in Huntsville (and it is awful bleeping cold for MAY~!)
The ICM was replaced along with the coil, so i'm discounting those.

I'm in Pell City which is east of birmingham down I20.

The no pulse reference at the injectors is verifying what I suspected all along, either ECM or Opti, its just narrowing it down to which one....

Sara Lou
Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 AM
chopperclay
Advanced

I am having the same problem with my 1993. I just installed a new Petris Opti and still will not start once the engine warms up.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Dalu
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Zralou
The ICM was replaced along with the coil, so i'm discounting those.

I'm in Pell City which is east of birmingham down I20.

The no pulse reference at the injectors is verifying what I suspected all along, either ECM or Opti, its just narrowing it down to which one....

Sara Lou
So what was the final solution? I'm having same problem.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:07 PM
chopperclay
Advanced

I have replaced Opti. Coil and ICM, now looking at Injectors which are showing Resistance Variations greater than 1 Ohm which can cause starting problems...
Old 08-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Geardo
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperclay
I have replaced Opti. Coil and ICM, now looking at Injectors which are showing Resistance Variations greater than 1 Ohm which can cause starting problems...
I bought Chopperclays 93 Ruby, he gave up on fixing it, I replaced the PCM and it runs fine now.

Quick Reply: Start, no-start, start, no-start..?