C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Strange 94 Sport seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Strange 94 Sport seat problem

I just picked up a 94 coupe with sport seats that has a weird problem.

When the seat selector switch is on the drivers side (DS), the driver's
seat operates as expected, both the seat adjustments and the lumber works fine. But when the switch is set to passenger side, the passenger side lumbar works as it should but the seat won't adjust. Instead, the drivers side seat moves with with the controls.

Since the lumber works correctly with the DS/PS selector switch, I believe that that switch is OK. The driver side seat moves appropriately with the controls (up is up, forward is forward etc) so I don; think that's the issue.

Any ideas? If a PS relay is out, would the circuit somehow feed back or default to the drivers side seat??
Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
haroldb007
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two male/female connectors under the drivers seat,check these,if they are set color to color they are switched and will make the car seat do as you discribed.The seat bottom will pull up if you push down on a wire handel on the front of the seat and you will be able to see the wiring.I know this dose not sound right,however the blue/white bundel plugs to the brown/yellow bundel.Hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
raid007 (11-02-2018)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by haroldb007
There are two male/female connectors under the drivers seat,check these,if they are set color to color they are switched and will make the car seat do as you discribed.The seat bottom will pull up if you push down on a wire handel on the front of the seat and you will be able to see the wiring.I know this dose not sound right,however the blue/white bundel plugs to the brown/yellow bundel.Hope this helps
YES! Exactly the issue!! What's strange is that these two plugs have wires of different gauges.... The PO must have taken the driver's seat out for some reason because the I had found the lumbar plug disconnected earlier. Thanks!!
The following users liked this post:
njt50 (08-17-2016)
Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
bigfoote
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post, glad I found it. After removing my seats to clean underneath, the passenger seat would no longer operate. I was really scratching my head trying to figure it out. I transposed the wiring harness. Really easy to do. Thanks!
Frank
Old 08-17-2016, 01:02 PM
njt50
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I used your post to fix my '94

Originally Posted by mxw128
YES! Exactly the issue!! What's strange is that these two plugs have wires of different gauges.... The PO must have taken the driver's seat out for some reason because the I had found the lumbar plug disconnected earlier. Thanks!!
It seemed the drivers seat was taken apart
At some point to fix the recline function and it wasn't fixed. Lots of loose parts and the plugs for the motors were plugged into color matching receptacles. I switch them as per your description. And everything works. I also was able to fix my seat back. Thanks fr good info.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:13 AM
raid007
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by haroldb007
Thank you for you input, it was very helpful in finding the fix!
Jack

Get notified of new replies

To Strange 94 Sport seat problem

Quick Reply: Strange 94 Sport seat problem