C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Question for those with DRM braided (flex) brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:46 AM
TheCorvetteKid
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question for those with DRM braided (flex) brake lines

Hi all,

Bought a set of braided brake lines from DRM a little over 2 years ago, and I'm just now getting around to installing them on my '89. The brake lines themselves are made by Goodridge and look to be high quality pieces. But, I think I've run into a couple of issues and I'm hoping people who have these lines already can shed some wisdom on...

The first issue is in regards the length of the hoses themselves. The instructions that came with the lines say the longer lines are installed in the rear and the shorter lines are installed in the front. Simple enough. However, all four of the lines that I received are the same length! I've measured them all twice and they're all exactly the same. So does that mean I can ignore the the "short front, long rear" instruction or did I get sent the wrong parts?

The second issue is in regards to the clip which holds the flex line to the bracket attached to the frame. This clip doesn't seem to fit over the fitting on the flex brake line (going to the hard line). At least, it doesn't fit in the rear (which is where I'm starting the install). Anyone else experience this issue, or am I the only one?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to sort this out before moving ahead with this install.

This is the second time in less than two months I've experienced problems with products I've purchased from DRM (first issue was with a set of trailing arm brackets which I had to have modified in order for them to fit properly; installed them yesterday afternoon). I hate saying this, but I'm starting to lose confidence in the good folks at DRM...

Thanks guys.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:46 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Man,
The kid put the wrong instructions in some of the brake line boxes. The C5s have different sizes.

C4 Lines (4 same size lines, 4 adapter fittings, 4 crush washers.)

Order of parts that need to get installed
1.caliper
2.crush washer
3.adapter fitting (torqued to 14 Foot pounds)
4.Brake line

Once lines are reinstalled and brakes bled, hold down the brake pedal for 3 minutes. There should be no loss of pedal. Check for leaks around the brake line (car and caliper side), caliper bleeders and etc. Also check line clearance with the wheel installed, while the wheel is turned, and in suspension travel.

Thank you for shopping with DRM. If you have any questions please contact us at 763-658-6109 or DRM@DougRippie.com
Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
TheCorvetteKid
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the clarification Randy. As long as I know I've got the correct set I can proceed with the install.

Get notified of new replies

To Question for those with DRM braided (flex) brake lines

Quick Reply: Question for those with DRM braided (flex) brake lines