C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

NO HEAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 02:30 AM
Voltech_LT4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default NO HEAT

I have a 96 LT4 with 19.5k miles and no heat. It worked a couple months ago and just stopped for some reason. Any ideas? If it was the heater core where would it leak? I do have some water on the right side that forms a small puddle but I thought maybe it was from the AC?? I may be wrong...might be my heater core? Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
Old 07-16-2002, 02:49 AM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: NO HEAT (Voltech_LT4)

Most of the time,low mileage cars that are a few years old,if suddenly doesnt have any heat but the fan still blows(blows cool or cold air) when turned on etc,the thermostat is broken.
Its also easier to spot if you have a water temp. guage and it doesnt go into the 200º range or so after 15 minutes etc.
If it stays on the low side or in the cool area,a good chance the stat broke and is stuck open.
Any other symptoms you can explain?Most of the forum ideas,like this one, are guesses.
:)

Old 07-16-2002, 06:53 AM
Voltech_LT4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default Re: NO HEAT (Bill's86Coupe)

It does stay cool actually, under 180 or around there. What is a good temp thermostat to get if I replace it. Ive heard it before but cant remember what temp to get....

Get notified of new replies

To NO HEAT

Quick Reply: NO HEAT