C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

more power for a C4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:33 PM
j4royer8
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more power for a C4

Looking for info on simplest and least costly ways to power up my '94 LT1 automatic. Nitrous? Cam/lifters? supercharger? headers/cat back? At just 50k miles it still runs strong but.........
Old 11-17-2014, 12:06 AM
ANTI VENOM
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Simplest and least costly? For an initial investment, I will say Nitrous all day long.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:18 AM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well this isn't the simplest but still worth your consideration
http://www.advancedinduction.com/LTX...adsCamKits.php
Old 11-18-2014, 05:54 AM
Svante
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

A low budget turbo setup
With a proper tune, you will have the power everytime and you dont need to worry about running out of nitrous!

/Svante.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:43 PM
j4royer8
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you gentlemen! My initial thought was nitrous, but the other suggestions seem well worth researching.
Thanks again,
John
Old 11-24-2014, 06:49 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Nitrous Oxide is a sweet sensation, however the more you use it the more you have to pay. Is it legal on the highway in the United States?

I know here in Australia, you will be busted with a nitrous system unless the bottle is disconnected. (stupid more dangerous if the valve is not closed tightly)

Is a great idea for the occasional use but if you are addicted to more power all the time a Turbo or supercharger setup gives you smooth idle, drivabillity and performance.

C4 ZR1 performance

However a engine rebuild with miniram inlet manifold, performance camshaft afr heads and long tube headers may be a little cheaper.

Last edited by gerardvg; 11-24-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 PM
turbocvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nitrous is cheaper by far!!! even vs a turbo. People forget that turbos go bad as well especially a budget turbo. Prob piece together a kit or buy a complete kit ready to run for $500 or less. I think a turbo minimum on a fuel injected car would be 2k-3k with a tune and the cheapest parts that break more often than not. However using both for years now turbo is the most fun but its hard on parts there are usually bugs that need tweeking on a regular basis with budget builds etc. And also consider turbos do go bad if its an ebay turbo plan on 1-2 yrs use if your lucky. I also had a turboknetics go bad after 4 months of use luckily they repaired it for free and I sold it when they did and purchased a low buck ebay turbo this is still kickin today in a mustang I built 3 yrs ago. Both are fun and addicting. a $500 turbo could fill a nitrous bottle a lot of times!!

Get notified of new replies

To more power for a C4

Quick Reply: more power for a C4