C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 stumbling under hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:10 PM
drivestwin
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1994 stumbling under hard acceleration

I just acquired a 1994 mn6 with 39000 miles. Car is in great shape, runs well, idles and cruises perfectly.

When I really get on it, the engine misses and stumbles a bit. Still pulls and accelerates, but but has a definite miss or fuel issue.

The car has not been driven very often over the last couple years so I am hoping it may be some old/wet fuel and that it will work itself out.

The car is setting no codes.

Anything you can recommend me looking into? I have owned c3's and c5's before but this is my first c4 so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Marc
Old 02-15-2015, 09:49 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

If it's sat, the gas is probably stale, or has taken on water. C4 injectors don't like fresh E10 as it is vs real gasoline. E10 takes on water quicker than real gas too to compound the problem.

Run some chevron with techron injector cleaner through on your next couple of tank fulls see if that helps it any. After that, could be the usual suspects, like plugs, wires, bad fuel filter even etc.
Could even be the fuel pump, or the Opti. Won't know till more diagnosis is done.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:17 PM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It MIGHT be possible a plug wire is coming into contact with the manifold on acceleration, burnt the insulation and shorting, I had that on my 94, there's not a lot of clearance down there.

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 stumbling under hard acceleration

Quick Reply: 1994 stumbling under hard acceleration