C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LS/T-56 Swap into an Automatic C4...Can I use 4th-gen F-body Clutch/Brake Pedals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Danglin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/T-56 Swap into an Automatic C4...Can I use 4th-gen F-body Clutch/Brake Pedals?

So, I picked up a pretty clean 1984 Corvette over the weekend. Took me about 2 days of driving it to realize that it needs another 250+ horsepower, and there's no way the current motor will get me there, even though it's a 383 with Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. The stock Cross Fire Injection on top of all these goodies just kills the power above 2500 RPMs.

Anyway, I'm thinking about swapping the motor and trans from my LS3-powered, T-56 equipped 2002 Camaro, and while I have most of the questions answered, I need to know one thing:

Can I use the pedals from my 4th-gen to convert my automatic Corvette over to the T-56, or do I need to find a C4 setup?
Old 04-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Cruizin
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Forget trying to adapt the Camaro pedals unless you are looking for a challange.

I looked into a manual change over a while back but have not done it yet.

I'm reliably told you only need the clutch pedal and hanger bracket complete along with master/slave cylinders (which can be purchased new) and piping from an 85 -89 C4. Later models (90-96) pedal brackets won't fit because of later dash shape.

Clutch pedal bracket should bolt up using existing bolt holes but you will need to drill holes for the master cylinder. Try and find a factory manual car and make a paper template to locate holes correctly.

Your auto brake pedal does not need to be changed other than maybe trimming the width of the pedal to match a manual.

Last edited by Cruizin; 04-03-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:24 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,271 Likes on 2,032 Posts

There's also a spacer on the firewall that you will need. I may have a pedal set-up for the early car. It could take a couple of days to look. I'm certainly not close. Look in the "parts section" for "see 4 parts" - he's on the left coast I believe and seems to do people right.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-03-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To LS/T-56 Swap into an Automatic C4...Can I use 4th-gen F-body Clutch/Brake Pedals?

Quick Reply: LS/T-56 Swap into an Automatic C4...Can I use 4th-gen F-body Clutch/Brake Pedals?