C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

S fl no air!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Robert Perkins
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by playsdixie
it is a two wire plug on top of the compressor....

Then take your volt/ohm meter and read between the two wires on the compressor.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:14 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Perkins
Then take your volt/ohm meter and read between the two wires on the compressor.
I read 12v between the ends of the plug....with it unplugged...didn't put anything on the two spades on the compressor.. tomorrow I was going to put 12 v to one spade and a good ground to the other....will that not engage the clutch ...or do something....besides blowing up everything?...

should I read about 3 ohms between the spades on the compressor??

Last edited by playsdixie; 04-06-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

just got a new rig myself but look behind it and youll see snow. Still 3 feet of it in my front yard and the vette is still snowed in at the neighbors house.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:21 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

success!!!! there is a interupter switch on the top a/c line just before it goes into the firewall, looks just like the low pressure switch on the bottom line.....when I jumped it, clutch engaged.....napa had one 25 bucks....guessing it was the high pressure switch.. box says interupter switch....anyway, it now works...thanks for all the input....saved me a trip and the expense of a a/c shop....a gm manual and the forum is all you need....you guys rock!!!!
Old 04-07-2015, 04:27 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale

just got a new rig myself but look behind it and youll see snow. Still 3 feet of it in my front yard and the vette is still snowed in at the neighbors house.
Cool truck....the snow is a bummer, I hired a guy to put a stockade fence up before I arrive....says he can't until the snows gone and ground not frozen....my wife's not a yooper....there was a blizzard in Nov when we were there and now maybe still snow in April....she'll be thrilled....
Old 04-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Vetterin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember in the 70's when I lived in the UP (Little Lake) that I went golfing on my anniversary, June 5 and there was still snow along the tree lines. Also spent a boatload of time fishing the Au Train Basin. Can you say pike????
Old 04-07-2015, 09:12 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vetterin
I remember in the 70's when I lived in the UP (Little Lake) that I went golfing on my anniversary, June 5 and there was still snow along the tree lines. Also spent a boatload of time fishing the Au Train Basin. Can you say pike????
as kids, we raced our muscle cars down forest lake road through the au train basin....we all had gto's/chargers;superbees....I had a dual quad 409
don't underastand how we're all alive as this always took place late and night and lots of alcohol were involved...I'm going back now to actually fish the basin....and lake superior....in the summer.....all two weeks of it....
Old 04-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

I was originaly from Gwinn and when I got out of the service bought my first home in little lake. Lived there 5 years then moved to Escanaba for 6 then to where I live now in Munising.
Originally Posted by Vetterin
Old 04-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

That's one fun stretch of road. When I moved here from Escanaba I had my grand national and was commuting back and forth from esky for work I got two speeding tickets in less then a week on that road!! Never did much fishing on autrain lk but did my best to scare the fish away from the buddys ice shack with my snowmobile blasting by at a 100 mph!! That was the stretch of my life I was lucky to make it through.
as kids, we raced our muscle cars down forest lake road through the au train basin....we all had gto's/chargers;superbees....I had a dual quad 409
don't underastand how we're all alive as this always took place late and night and lots of alcohol were involved...I'm going back now to actually fish the basin....and lake superior....in the summer.....all two weeks of it....
Old 04-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

there calling for flipping snow today and tommarow!
Cool truck....the snow is a bummer, I hired a guy to put a stockade fence up before I arrive....says he can't until the snows gone and ground not frozen....my wife's not a yooper....there was a blizzard in Nov when we were there and now maybe still snow in April....she'll be thrilled....

Quick Reply: S fl no air!!!