C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Mystery electrical part underneath the 88 driver side dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:52 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Default Mystery electrical part underneath the 88 driver side dash

I have been replacing the 88 AC/Heater Programmer and moving the ECM Diagnostic plug out of the way to install new carpet. Seems a previous owner prior to 1995 had a sophisticated alarm system (for its day) and some of the wiring around the steering wheel column has been moved. In this pic is an electrical part that has a metal tab mounted with a hole in it for mounting somewhere. Does anyone know what this is and where to mount it? By the way everything electrical works.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:24 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

That is the interior temperature sensor that is used by the dashboard to determine how bright to make the LCD. LIQUID crystal displays WILL freeze and go blank if they get too cold. They also turn black if they get too hot, but that is not likely to happen in our cars.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:43 AM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Thanks Cliff. I'll keep it away from the floor heater vent. I'm almost finished with the interior work. Bryan at BATEE fixed my Programmer so now I have a heater that works. Just in time when I don't need it.

Get notified of new replies

To Mystery electrical part underneath the 88 driver side dash

Quick Reply: Mystery electrical part underneath the 88 driver side dash