C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Miss when car warms up

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:33 AM
roadking1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Miss when car warms up

My car,1990 , starts and runs fine. but after it warms up it misses. From home to the first set of lights its 15 kilometres by the time I get to the light the car is missing like someone pulled a plug wire off just a little, its more noticeable when stopped in drive and least when put in natural. Last night I ran it a little harder, temperature went up a little more and the miss was more noticeable so I thinking it is temperature related. Any thoughts on where to look. I checked/replaced -plug wires-plugs-vacuum hoses-timing setting-cap and rotor any parts that were replaced is because the car needed as it has 170,000 kms on it and I do have the FSM.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:45 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking1
My car,1990 , starts and runs fine. but after it warms up it misses. From home to the first set of lights its 15 kilometres by the time I get to the light the car is missing like someone pulled a plug wire off just a little, its more noticeable when stopped in drive and least when put in natural. Last night I ran it a little harder, temperature went up a little more and the miss was more noticeable so I thinking it is temperature related. Any thoughts on where to look. I checked/replaced -plug wires-plugs-vacuum hoses-timing setting-cap and rotor any parts that were replaced is because the car needed as it has 170,000 kms on it and I do have the FSM.
On my 94 when I would jump on it it would bog down and backfire from the engine no codes replaced the o2's it ran better than ever they do get tierd and the puter try's to make up for it

Quick Reply: Miss when car warms up