C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

scan software? does anything work with win XP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 12:54 PM

Default scan software? does anything work with win XP?

i am new to the scaning scene and have a question regarding software, i ordered the cable to connect to my laptop, and now am looking for the software to run it, Craig Moates seems to be the most popular but it says on his site it wont work with anything newer then win 98? i found win aldl but it seems to be less desirable cause of its slow baud rate?what software should i use? it is for a OBD1 in a 87 corvette?? :crazy:
Old 08-21-2002, 05:38 PM
ZylaRace
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: scan software? does anything work with win XP? (Kamarossrs)

Sounds like a Q for Craig.
There are other approaches, but this is typically the cheapest.
When you get the cable, plug it in and see if it will comm. There is generally very few prob's comm-ing to the 87.
Old 08-23-2002, 04:37 AM
JoBy
Drifting

Received 216 Likes on 168 Posts

WinALDL works with Win XP, but as you said it only reads the slow 160 baud data stream. Not the 8192 baud that Craig Moates DOS software uses.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:16 PM
Mike_88Z51
Drifting

Location: Sacramento, CA Money can't buy happiness - but it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than a Yugo.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try sending an email to techsupport@obd2.com
This is the techsupport email alias for Ease Simulations. They sell OBD1 (GM 82-95) and OBD2 (96+) scan tools. The Ease personal OBD1 scan tool works on Win 95, 98, ME, NT4.0, Win2000. Maybe it will work on XP. If you decide to buy an Ease scan tool let me know and I'll get you a rebate of 10% if you order through me.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:57 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Default Re: scan software? does anything work with win XP? (Mike_88Z51)

Try sending an email to techsupport@obd2.com
This is the techsupport email alias for Ease Simulations. They sell OBD1 (GM 82-95) and OBD2 (96+) scan tools. The Ease personal OBD1 scan tool works on Win 95, 98, ME, NT4.0, Win2000. Maybe it will work on XP. If you decide to buy an Ease scan tool let me know and I'll get you a rebate of 10% if you order through me.
When I called in reference to a problem I had in April or May. Ease said the XP version should be out in July or Aug. At the time I just went ahead and got the latest upgrade (then) which works on 2000.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:04 AM
Mike_88Z51
Drifting

Location: Sacramento, CA Money can't buy happiness - but it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than a Yugo.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm an NT/Unix guy so I haven't checked this out personally, but It is my understanding that WinXP has an emulation mode where it will act like Win98 to applications that need it. Check the Microsoft support site and the XP help with keywords "emulation", "upgrade", and "Win 98".

As Jeff already said, the Ease tool for Win2000 works with XP. The XP core is essentially the same as Win2000.

I have a small old hard drive with Win98 installed just for older such applications and games. Easy to dual boot with the newer computer bios's.

Get notified of new replies

To scan software? does anything work with win XP?

Quick Reply: scan software? does anything work with win XP?