C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Good setup for home tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 04:10 PM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Good setup for home tuning

Ok I know there are several options that I've read about in the past to tune yourself or that can learn, for example holley https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-601

but what I'm looking for is a decent cheaper option other than the holey kit that isn't too outdated and complex. Complex as too many parts, I can learn anything if I want to. Also don't want anything that will nickel and dime me.

I've had a custom mild chip burned and then my stock chip modded for data logging & retuned by a guy, neither tunes worked out too well. I hate to buy anymore tunes or even get a dyno tune since I'm always changing stuff on my 86 MAF car, so I kinda need something that I can do myself for when ever I change something on the car. Right now I don't even have a laptop, but I need to get one for my other cars programmable MSD and AFR. I've always been a desktop guy and assembled my own.

I know I've read about some motec stuff, just that was back when I had my 85 TA. Really don't wanna spend a lot or I might as well just buy a stand alone self tune setup like Fitech and ditch the TPI intake. I've been him-hawing about what way to go while just getting the car setup for mostly drag & some cruise since I've owned it. Not modded the engine too much but I'm sure just like a carb other changes to the car can effect the optimal tune.

Anyways just thinking aloud and seeing what's out there

edit: moates or w/e was just looking at megasquirt and they got too much junk LOL

Last edited by BOOT77; 11-22-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:52 AM
pelensky
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just getting ready to list CATs and Moates complete setup for sale. See pics.

I was going to ask $250 plus shipping. Retail this is all about $400 if I recall correctly.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:49 PM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this setup still available?

Ed M
Old 01-04-2016, 05:32 PM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

I didn't buy FYI, pm him if you haven't

Get notified of new replies