C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ASR Won't shut off?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 02:12 AM
rsc337
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ASR Won't shut off?

Ok, I like to drive my car /hard/fast. Today when I took my car "off "of Traction control/asr and was doing burnouts/doughnuts/drifting The ASR came on and was trying to control my braking/throttle even though I turned off the ASR on the dash. Which made controlling the car even harder.
Any thoughts on how to over ride this computer function?
Old 02-07-2016, 07:21 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Was the ASR OFF light lit on the dash board?

Did you ever see the ABS ACTIVE light come on?

Is your brake fluid topped off to the maximum line? I've had issues with the ABS if it is not. The systems are intertwined so....

If the ASR OFF light was lit, the system SHOULD be completely off. I've never had an issue with mine when its off.
As far as bypassing it, fuses are easy to pull as long as you get the right one or disconnect connectors. FYI, ASR has not only throttle pedal/position control it also has ignition timing control and braking control.

Last edited by 93Rubie; 02-07-2016 at 07:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rsc337 (02-07-2016)
Old 02-07-2016, 11:07 PM
rsc337
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Was the ASR OFF light lit on the dash board?

Did you ever see the ABS ACTIVE light come on?

Is your brake fluid topped off to the maximum line? I've had issues with the ABS if it is not. The systems are intertwined so....

If the ASR OFF light was lit, the system SHOULD be completely off. I've never had an issue with mine when its off.
As far as bypassing it, fuses are easy to pull as long as you get the right one or disconnect connectors. FYI, ASR has not only throttle pedal/position control it also has ignition timing control and braking control.
Thanks so much for your information. I didn't think that they were so connected together. I will check fluids. ASR off light was lit. I will look into this further and thanks for your comments.

Get notified of new replies

To ASR Won't shut off?

Quick Reply: ASR Won't shut off?