C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Valvoline Racing Super Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Alphatoto
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valvoline Racing Super Coolant

Valvoline just came out with a super coolant that lowers your running temp by 20%. I just ordered a case but I'm now thinking i she always runs below 160 degrees whats that going to do to the PROM"S air fuel mix and other settings. Any thoughts?
_______
Old 09-03-2002, 03:30 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Valvoline Racing Super Coolant (casolino)

I'm betting it won't run below 160. It just has to be warm enough for the computer to go into closed loop mode.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:52 PM
NE14SIN
Pro

Valvoline just came out with a super coolant that lowers your running temp by 20%. I just ordered a case but I'm now thinking i she always runs below 160 degrees whats that going to do to the PROM"S air fuel mix and other settings. Any thoughts?
_______
Where can I get this stuff from? How much is it? Is it good to use on a LT1/4? Is it compatable with that orange crap that GM makes? I'm only asking because I don't want to have to scrub the inside of my engine with a brillo pad to use it.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:57 PM
PeteL
Le Mans Master

Location: And on the fifth day, subpoenas were served to Obama senior staff
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:confused: Link?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:36 PM
LT4BUD
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Valvoline Racing Super Coolant (PeteL)

I looked at http://www.valvoline.com and could not find this product. What is its trade name??
Old 09-04-2002, 02:13 AM
Alphatoto
Advanced

Default Re: Valvoline Racing Super Coolant (NE14SIN)

Its only available at 1-800-valvoline and its called Super Racing Coolant first time available to the public, used to only be available to race teams.
The product is guaranteed to provide OEM or better lubrication and corrosion protection, BUT- it provides NO antifreeze protection (Yes it will freeze at 32 deg.F.) I guess that is the chemical trade off for its superior cooling properties. So, for you guys in less temperate climes be warned - it provides NO antifreeze protection. :cool:
I

[Modified by casolino, 6:16 AM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 03:35 AM
jkingsbury
Advanced

There was an article on coolants in Car and Drivel a few months back. Patrick Bedard's editorial, I think. The Valvoline Racing Super coolant is supposed to be water based, with none of the evil glycol which prevents freezing but decreases heat transfer. It does contain all the necessary additives. Thus for people who drive hot cars in hot climates, it is perfectly suited. You get better cooling without giving up the additives.
Reading the article, though, made me wonder if I could achieve the same effect by filling my radiator with distilled water and dumping in a bottle of additives if such a thing is available.
In any case, I look forward to when the Racing Super coolant is generally available at a reasonable price. I will definitely use it. :yesnod:
Old 09-04-2002, 10:16 AM
PeteL
Le Mans Master

Location: And on the fifth day, subpoenas were served to Obama senior staff
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Valvoline Racing Super Coolant (jkingsbury)

made me wonder if I could achieve the same effect by filling my radiator with distilled water and dumping in a bottle of additives if such a thing is available.
It's called water wetter from Redline. I'm sure there are others.

Get notified of new replies

To Valvoline Racing Super Coolant

Quick Reply: Valvoline Racing Super Coolant