C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

AC heater control valve or ?? help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:49 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by bad-zr1
Where were you able to find the plastic piece? I need one also.
Thanks
Which link do you need? The one at the door or end of rod? Year "matters" also I'm quite sure. ZR-1 hints maybe '90+ so ....

Last edited by WVZR-1; 05-26-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:13 AM
Big Bird 88
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where were you able to find the plastic piece? I need one also.
Thanks
Phillips muscle Car parts is where I found it. He charged me $15 plus shipping.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:40 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Big Bird 88
Phillips muscle Car parts is where I found it. He charged me $15 plus shipping.
Charged you $15 for which? The retainer at the door or the one on the threaded end of the rod?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Big Bird 88
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The little white split clip on the end of the rod.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:24 AM
bad-zr1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The part I am looking for is #4 in the diagram you posted (GM 1224062) it is for a 86 coupe. The clip is still there but 1/2 of the top is broken so it no longer holds on to the rod. Thank you WVZR-1 for the diagram and part numbers and I do have a 90 ZR-1 Red/Red. Thak you Big Bird 88 I found the Muscle Car parts website in Tulsa and it shows that part available but would not add to cart so I will give them a call.
Getting the part is one thing changing it out.......... wow!
Thanks to all
Old 05-27-2016, 08:33 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

The part I am looking for is #4 in the diagram you posted (GM 1224062) it is for a 86 coupe. The clip is still there but 1/2 of the top is broken so it no longer holds on to the rod. Thank you WVZR-1 for the diagram and part numbers and I do have a 90 ZR-1 Red/Red. Thak you Big Bird 88 I found the Muscle Car parts website in Tulsa and it shows that part available but would not add to cart so I will give them a call.
Getting the part is one thing changing it out.......... wow!
Thanks to all
Take the part # to a local dealer. Many still have inventory OR they could likely locate it at maybe a dealer close OR that maybe they buy from regularly. They could maybe add to a next purchase from that dealer.
The following users liked this post:
bad-zr1 (05-27-2016)
Old 10-09-2017, 03:04 PM
jrd1990zr1
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default heater blend door

Originally Posted by HAD2HAV2
I'm have trouble loading pics so most have no names. 3 pics are of the programmer and the other is the blend door motor mounted to the heater core assembly. I own a spare assembly.
This is my version of removing the AC programmer.

If you are of medium build then put the driver seat all the way back.
Remove the seat cushion. If the seat is still in your way, pull it out.
Take the driver hush panel out.
The area you need to reach is above the gas pedal and very near the black floor duct.
The programmer is held on by one 7mm screw a the bottom. Look at the tab on the programmer shown. That end is on the bottom.
You do just about all the work with your right hand.
You will need a 1/4 ratchet, very long extension, 7mm socket.
Remove that 7mm screw and the pull down on the programmer to free it from the top mounting tabs. The black floor duct might give you trouble.
Pull the electrical plug off and pull the programmer down as far as you can.
You will have to "deal" with all the silicone tubes as they are. There is a long but skinny bolt that holds the silicone tubes to the inside of the programmer (see pic which shows the electronics).
GM recessed the bolt head so it is impossible to use a socket so you will need pliers like shown. There is a press nut that holds the silicone block to the box. Take the pliers, find the press nut and twist it until it breaks. Don't get too aggressive as to not put a hole in a tube. The nut is very thin and will break. This is the hardest part.
Once the nut is off take a screw driver and prize the silicone block off.
The programmer is now free.

That press nut you destroyed will be replaced with a nut that fits a 1/4 socket and using a short extension and your hand (not the ratchet) to re-attach the silicone block onto the programmer.

I did not have to lay upside down to remove or re-install the programmer.

If you need tips to remove the blend door motor (and I hope you don't) I have some tips on that also.
Thanks for the last photo it is helpful to see what I am looking for. My 90 does not have heat so I think the problem is the door. I pulled the blower control module but could not identify the door. Do you have any photos from that angle? Any tips on getting to the blend door would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, John
Old 10-09-2017, 03:44 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

jrd1990zr1, Big Bird took a very good photo looking down the blower control switch hole. The hole is not that big. I took a very long screw driver to see if my blend door was still attached to the motor. The door moved freely so it was not connected.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:29 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Better picture of the blend door.

Quick Reply: AC heater control valve or ?? help