C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Pacesetter Shorty Ceramic Coat Instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 02:49 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Pacesetter Shorty Ceramic Coat Instructions?

Anybody have a clear online pdf copy or picture of the install instructions for the pacesetter shorties for a 96 lt1? These instructions are ridiculous. They gave me a bunch of parts and a old school xerox copy of the instructions. I have the motor out of the car now, doing a rebuild and installing the Lt4 Hotcam kit along with extreme duty timing chain...I want to know if anyone can send me pictures or show me where the bracket is supposed to go along with the provided spacers ...
Old 05-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Default Bump

Serious? Nobody?
Old 05-21-2016, 09:23 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Google pacesetter install pdf
Old 05-23-2016, 06:02 PM
jagsweb
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked a buddy that works at pacesetter. He said the bracket attaches to the alternator and the spacer is for the third header bolt on the passenger side. sent me this link Said these are revised instructions and it looks like the info you need is under #7.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:34 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

See if this helps, if not let me know and I will try to get a better shot.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Originally Posted by toptechx6
See if this helps, if not let me know and I will try to get a better shot.

Hey brother! Thanks a lot! Is there any way you can send me a picture of how you mounted your dipstick tube bracket and what you did with your fuel lines?
Old 05-25-2016, 06:20 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Teothe1nonly
Hey brother! Thanks a lot! Is there any way you can send me a picture of how you mounted your dipstick tube bracket and what you did with your fuel lines?
Here is a shot of the area in question, hope it helps. Note that the fuel lines are moved to the rear (bent a little and tie wrapped to hold them in that location). I was unable to use my stock dipstick tube and had to make one using two different "universal" types found at the local parts store, one tube had the right bends but I needed the bracket from the second one to secure it. Cut the replacement tube to the same length as the original measured from block to end of tube and you can use your original dipstick.

Definitely a pain in the ***, but typical of aftermarket parts, the valve covers you see required similar modification to make them work. Be patient and take the time to get it right and it will be worth the effort.

Get notified of new replies

To Pacesetter Shorty Ceramic Coat Instructions?

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Shorty Ceramic Coat Instructions?