C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Starting issues

Old 06-20-2016, 08:09 PM
loucazo
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starting issues

Hi. I have a 1994. One day i drove the car to my girfiends house went up for a bit and came back down and the car would not start. It will turn over but not start. I was having problems with it before, if you put the pedal to the floor just before it would be ready to shift it second gear ( it's automatic) the car would sputter the shift and do the same in second gear in the high rpms. Well i stored the car for five years and was messing around with the fuel pump then tryed starting the car and it started up but ran really ruff with the RPMs reving themselves about 3000rpm. i shut it down and started it a few times but then the last time i tryed starting it would not start no more just turn over. I'm thinking fuel pump might be gone cause does not seem to have any fuel presure.

Any ideas????
Old 06-20-2016, 08:13 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and tell us what it is and how long it holds. Also pull the vacuum hose off the FPR and smell and look for fuel.

Last edited by antfarmer2; 06-20-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 PM
loucazo
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and tell us what it is and how long it holds. Also pull the vacuum hose off the FPR and smell and look for fuel.
Well i got it started. Just prety much turned it over and she fiered up. Still have an issue with it tho. As soon as the cars warms up it starts to idle at 3000 rpm and really ruff with the rpms jumping from 3000- 1500.

One other issue to.The Power window. the drivers side won't roll down. i replaced the switch still nothing.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:29 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,446 Posts

sounds like multiple issues (common)

do what ant said and report back. get a fuel pressure gauge.

Originally Posted by loucazo
Well i got it started. Just prety much turned it over and she fiered up. Still have an issue with it tho. As soon as the cars warms up it starts to idle at 3000 rpm and really ruff with the rpms jumping from 3000- 1500.

One other issue to.The Power window. the drivers side won't roll down. i replaced the switch still nothing.

Get notified of new replies

To Starting issues

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Starting issues