C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hypertech

Old 09-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Barrier
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Hypertech

My New to me 1993 Corvette Manual Trans Has a Hypertech Label on the ECM. What does this do? What do I gain from it? I do not know the Original owner who installed it.
Any Help or Comments would be appreciated.
Thanks, Barrier
Old 09-25-2016, 06:14 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrier
My New to me 1993 Corvette Manual Trans Has a Hypertech Label on the ECM. What does this do? What do I gain from it? I do not know the Original owner who installed it.
Any Help or Comments would be appreciated.
Thanks, Barrier
I assume everything else is probably stock. You gain nothing from the Hypertech ECM, except possibly having the fans come on at a lower temp. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of opinion (mine is that it is not needed). Hypertech is an over the counter product that promises HP gains without other modifications. These (any over the counter brand) do not deliver, and in some cases are worse than the stock unit.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Barrier
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the response.
I was not thing before, it does have a Cat back Borla system other than noise I am not sure if that offers anything.
Barrier
Old 09-25-2016, 06:54 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrier
Thanks for the response.
I was not thing before, it does have a Cat back Borla system other than noise I am not sure if that offers anything.
Barrier
Million mile warranty? Unless you are really modifying your system, I have strong doubts it will do much. As to the HyperJUNK, well......
Old 09-26-2016, 09:59 AM
tomcamaro97
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had a hypertech in my 86 when i got it.. they dont really do much if anything... I got a better tune from PCM of NC and the daughterboard they provide plugs inline with no problems..
Old 09-26-2016, 11:18 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcamaro97
had a hypertech in my 86 when i got it.. they dont really do much if anything... I got a better tune from PCM of NC and the daughterboard they provide plugs inline with no problems..
I just have the tuner reburn the EPROM and no daughterboard or interface. Does it interfere with closing the ECM?
Old 09-26-2016, 11:24 AM
tomcamaro97
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aklim
I just have the tuner reburn the EPROM and no daughterboard or interface. Does it interfere with closing the ECM?
nope

Get notified of new replies

To Hypertech

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hypertech