C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel delivery problem with fuel rail??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 07:46 PM
C486Bill
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel delivery problem with fuel rail??

86 Corvette: Problem I have is suddenly I have a no crank situation. Can hear pump is running, relay is clicking when key is turned etc. Take line loose at pump did check as in FSM atached hose and put in a bottle. Turn key on shoots fuel in bottle. Jump across G on test connector for 15 secs it fills bottle. Pressure is good. Ok, move to engine. Crack feed line and turn key on gas pressurizes line. OK. tighten it, check again at schrader valve nothing, not even a drip of fuel comes out even when cranking it over. Fuel rail is now off the car, in my hand. Shouldnt I be able to physically blow thru the feed line and air come out of the injector holes at least? I cant even use a airhose and blow thru it. If it is clogged up how do I clear it?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:22 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

You have the injectors out of the rail.....correct? If they are out then you should be able to blow thru the feed line and have air come out someplace. Did you check the fuel pressure regulator?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:25 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Something so big got into the rail past the pump and filter? I have a sneaky suspicion he needs to take the rail apart and see. Kinda hard to believe.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:31 PM
C486Bill
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aklim
Something so big got into the rail past the pump and filter? I have a sneaky suspicion he needs to take the rail apart and see. Kinda hard to believe.
Rail is off and both crossover tubes and sides are separated. Dont know what but I see my oring wasnt on the feed side when i took it apart I dont know if a piece of this could have clogged it but the side with the inlet and the regulator atatched cannot blow air thru. All I can thnk is i FKD up when i reassembled it and somehow something got in there the other day.

Last edited by C486Bill; 10-06-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel delivery problem with fuel rail??

Quick Reply: Fuel delivery problem with fuel rail??