C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need to replace my radiator

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 11:13 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
Yes, with all your spare time, you should do that. Post drawing.

You DO realize; you replied (in post #7) to the very same post (#6) that you "must have missed it", by quoting it! So you had the time to read it (and reply w/a quote)...but you didn't actually read it. Same comprehension issues you had in another thread. What ever the reason/excuse...who f'n cares?? Not me.

As you were man...back to your train ride.
As I said, nobody is perfect except you.

As to comprehension issues, if you want to dig that bone up again from the other thread that you kept editing as you go along for "better understanding" or "clarification" or whatever it is you call it, you need more "clarification" aka editing since it still looks like you opened your trap and risked pissing him off for ZERO gain since you still had to go in. Sure, you and him became pals, had beer or coffee, got on each other's X'mas card list or whatever but it didn't negate the fact that the cop didn't leave WITHOUT ISSUING A TICKET. Perhaps more editing is needed to make things more clear?

No, done with that ride. Been a long couple of days and it is work related so no choice. He wants a ride to wherever, we try to comply. Work is work. That is why it pays. IF you can't understand that part, again, I'll try remember it for tomorrow when I can ask someone to draw pictures. I have no artistic abilities so it will depend on whether she can help me or not. I am hopeful since she teaches grade school and is used to drawing pictures to explain things, I assume. IDK. Never wanted kids or had them (knock on wood).
Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Old 12-01-2016, 09:25 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
How did you know that was what my lawyer thought about idiots trying to explain or talk their way out of the ticket and often end up having to get someone to extract them out of the mess they created?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:55 AM
peterg943
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the reply's. I ended up purchasing a stock replacement. It seems to make sense since the first one lasted 30 years. Time permitting, I will attempt to install it along with a new thermostat and a complete z51 hose kit this weekend. I'm not a mechanic by trade so wish me luck!!
Old 12-09-2016, 11:56 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by peterg943
Thanks for the reply's. I ended up purchasing a stock replacement. It seems to make sense since the first one lasted 30 years. Time permitting, I will attempt to install it along with a new thermostat and a complete z51 hose kit this weekend. I'm not a mechanic by trade so wish me luck!!
Where is the beer kit? You can't start working on stuff without something like that.

If by stock replacement you mean NOS or Delco made to the same spec as original, that is a reasonable assumption. If by stock replacement you mean Autozone "it should able to fit" that is a different story

Last edited by aklim; 12-09-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:31 PM
peterg943
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
Where is the beer kit? You can't start working on stuff without something like that.

If by stock replacement you mean NOS or Delco made to the same spec as original, that is a reasonable assumption. If by stock replacement you mean Autozone "it should able to fit" that is a different story
Actually it is autozone. I took it out of the box last night and it appears to be exactly the same in size and style. I have a frig in the garage so the beer part of this event will not be overlooked!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:52 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Actually it is autozone. I took it out of the box last night and it appears to be exactly the same in size and style. I have a frig in the garage so the beer part of this event will not be overlooked!
I really don't care where you have a frig. Just not in my beer, ok?
Old 12-09-2016, 02:13 PM
darklordftt
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can also added Water wetter additive to the coolant system, and a 180 degree thermostat to help with it over heating while in traffic, if needed. I went with a dual capacity DeWitts in my 91 Zr-1, fit right in. Getting ready to do the 180 t-stat in my '89 when I do the intake and valve covers.

I recommend cutting the radiator shroud with a dremel around the AC Lines on the passenger side, so you don't need to open the AC system. You'll see what I mean when you get in there. Obviously don't do this if you want to keep it 100% stock. You can also order the correct coolant on Amazon, and use Distilled water to fill it up, not tap water. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Last edited by darklordftt; 12-09-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:29 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim

I have a under counter / dorm refrigerator in the shop loaded with wine and assorted beer. A well lubricated machine lasts longer LOL
Old 12-09-2016, 02:33 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ddahlgren
I have a under counter / dorm refrigerator in the shop loaded with wine and assorted beer. A well lubricated machine lasts longer LOL
That will ease some of the frustration you no doubt will encounter. And yes, enough lube and you can last longer.

Quick Reply: Need to replace my radiator