C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Header wrap, EGR tube covering

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 10:09 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,447 Posts

i wouldnt leave it uncovered. our engine bays are hot enough as is. my plig wires on my 87 melted on thr crossover.

here is what i did. used simple hose clamps.

tidy. i can put my hand on it with a hot engine so i know its keeping the heat out of the engine bay

Old 07-25-2018, 10:27 AM
0DEITIM
Former Vendor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by racerseks
I think I saw some of those today. Do you have a part number for what you used? Thanks!
Hi Tim from DEI here. We offer the EGR Covers under 3 different part numbers. Make sure you measure how long your EGR tube is, as depending on the year they can vary in length. P# 010387 is 11.5" long. P# 010388 is 15" long, and P# 010389 is 4.5" long. Check them out at http://designengineering.com/search....ection=product . You can also get them from Corvette Central and Zip Products. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you, Tim
Old 07-25-2018, 11:11 AM
mako41
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DMITTZ
Thanks Vikingtrad3r.

I used a performance world high heat sleeve to cover my EGR tube. I think they come in a few different colors, I choose black.

here's a picture of mine:

I got mine from my local Mopac, they had several sizes and lengths on the shelf.

If you don't have a Mopac in your area, Here's a link to what I think is the same stuff I used:

http://www.performance-world.com/The...show=30&page=2
Hey real clean/nice engine!
What headers are those?
The valve covers look OEM with a black krickle powder coat is that correct? How's it holding up?

Quick Reply: Header wrap, EGR tube covering