C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cold start injector

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:28 PM
FrostyMountain
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cold start injector

Am replacing the fuel injectors on my 85 stock L98. Got Rebuilt Bosch IIIs from Fuel injection Connection. Well deserved reputation for great customer service. Called him about the Cold start injector, seems sensible not to put it back in as is. He said he could rebuild it. Got it out, but cant figure how to remove the fuel line connection from the top of the injector. Dont see any clips or anything, just dont want to force it. Does it just pry off, it seems pretty tight, Ill call FIC in the AM if no one here has done it. Like I said the guy is extremely helpful as are all of you
Old 02-12-2017, 06:08 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

This should help I believe. I've done it once I believe maybe 15+ years ago with a friend. Maybe IHBD will stop by and "refine" the procedure. Make sure you get correct o-rings.

Name:  Cold start.png
Views: 886
Size:  87.4 KB

AutoZone supplies the same instructions.

http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...00c1528008fd10

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-12-2017 at 06:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FrostyMountain (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 06:39 PM
FrostyMountain
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So simple, i didnt think to bend the tab and screw it. I have a FSM on DVD but couldnt find anything. Mine is not searchable so have to scrool through and I miss stuff. Do you have any idea where I can find out what o rings to use. Have sets for the injectors from Fuel Injector Connection, but he doesnt stock the cold start injector. You have helped me out more than once and I am learning so much

Get notified of new replies

To Cold start injector

Quick Reply: Cold start injector