C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:16 PM
skidball
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Headers

Hello,
I was considering , not serious yet, but maybe. Have 92 lt1 46,000 miles. no cats on exhaust, stock resonator, not original, but I guess I could say standard mufflers with original tips wielded on. I was thinking non long tube headers, just bolting to flanges that 90 up for the stock exhaust manifolds. Is it worth the money and time for any noticeable difference ? Meaning performance and sound. I guess the best way to explain it is. just unbolt exhaust manifold , and install headers to existing exhaust system. yes, no, maybe ?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:26 PM
gdl2165
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 83 Posts

The general consensus is that shorty headers are not worth the time and effort, the stock LT1 exhaust is really pretty efficient. I'm guessing since you don't have cats now that you're in an area where you can get away with long tubes, if you're going to put the money and effort into anything at all, go long.

I run shorty headers on mine because I got them dirt cheap and am in one of those areas that does visual inspections. I don't think the shorties make any major difference in the sound, maybe pick up a few horses but if there's any gain there it's very minimal.
The following users liked this post:
skidball (02-27-2017)

Quick Reply: Headers