C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C4 Wiring Harness for Delco Bose???

Old 03-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Barr94
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Wiring Harness for Delco Bose???

I read an article yesterday on a gentleman trying to figure out the colors of his C4 Bose Delco radio. I have the same harness as he does, and if you are reading this, I sure would like to know what they are. The first connector which had 7 pins are as follows:
Pin
1-White with green stripe
2-green
3-tan
4-gray
5-orange
6-white with red stripe
7-red

The second connector had 9 pins which started with the number 7:
Pin
7-black
8-white
9-yellow
10-white--same jacket as 11, 12-(bigger wire)
11-red
12-black
13-brown
14-blue
15-blue with black stripe

Your input would be greatly appreciated. What I want to do is put in a newer stereo that has a few more bells and whistles while still using the amplifier and the Bose speakers for now. I did purchase the interface for that particular purpose. If I am missing anything else that I am going to need for this project your input again will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this. Please help-------------Barr94
Old 03-15-2017, 03:07 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

The easiest way is the Metra 70-1857 Bypass Harness. If you are looking at the connectors on the back of the head unit it still goes to the CDM to get to the speakers/amplifiers. Some Bose issues are a result of a bad CDM, so you want it out of the path.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:08 PM
Barr94
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by JimLentz
The easiest way is the Metra 70-1857 Bypass Harness. If you are looking at the connectors on the back of the head unit it still goes to the CDM to get to the speakers/amplifiers. Some Bose issues are a result of a bad CDM, so you want it out of the path.
Thank you very much Jim, I will look into this part that you recommend. Thanks again for answering me in such a short time------Thank-you

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Wiring Harness for Delco Bose???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Wiring Harness for Delco Bose???