C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Walbro pump voltage requirements

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 07:50 PM
mrodoc
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Walbro pump voltage requirements

I am installing a Walbro 180LPH fuel pump in my 1994. Supposedly its good for over 400rwhp, so I didn't go with the bigger pump. Anyway, I installed it and no pressure in fuel rail, no start. So I removed the pump, connected the power directly to the sending unit wiring harness and it ran fine, so I know connections are ok. I tested the connector outside the fuel filler and it measured 12.8V when I turned the key, then no power, down to 0 Volts.
Questions: 1. is 12.8 V enough for the 180LPH, or do I need the racetronix wiring kit? 2. Should the power go out after about 2 seconds?
When I have power and it runs outside the vehicle.
3. Why am I not getting pressure at the shraeder valve, and no start?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by mrodoc
1. is 12.8 V enough for the 180LPH, or do I need the racetronix wiring kit?

2. Should the power go out after about 2 seconds?
When I have power and it runs outside the vehicle.

3. Why am I not getting pressure at the shraeder valve, and no start?
It should be. I am running the 225LPH with the stock system

Yes. The system is priming the fuel circuit and then shutoff.

Not sure. When you turn it on, is the pump getting charge or could the connector be somehow broken or bent?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:13 PM
mrodoc
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
It should be. I am running the 225LPH with the stock system

Yes. The system is priming the fuel circuit and then shutoff.

Not sure. When you turn it on, is the pump getting charge or could the connector be somehow broken or bent?
I've removed the pump and rechecked all connection and power is getting through. Also, I failed to mention that me fuel gauge, is working fine.
When I check the connector that is near the fuel filler cap, it jumps to 12.8V when the key is turned, then falls to zero in about two seconds. I'm leaving town tomorrow morning for a week. I will reinstall and make sure of all connections when I get back. I'm glad to hear that you
are using stock wiring, I was ready to get the Racetronix upgrade. Could this be the relay?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:55 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by mrodoc
When I check the connector that is near the fuel filler cap, it jumps to 12.8V when the key is turned, then falls to zero in about two seconds. I'm leaving town tomorrow morning for a week. I will reinstall and make sure of all connections when I get back. I'm glad to hear that you
are using stock wiring, I was ready to get the Racetronix upgrade. Could this be the relay?
If it doesn't run, the "prime voltage" should drop off after a second or two.

As to the upgrade, I wouldn't at this time. Not sure if it can be the relay since it was getting the signal to prime.
The following users liked this post:
mrodoc (04-22-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Walbro pump voltage requirements

Quick Reply: Walbro pump voltage requirements