C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

do all c4s use same rear suspesion rods

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts
Default do all c4s use same rear suspesion rods

trailing arms,toe rods and camber rods. are they all the same. got some 90 parts id like to put on my 85
Old 05-13-2017, 10:56 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar
trailing arms,toe rods and camber rods. are they all the same. got some 90 parts id like to put on my 85
The later camber rods/LCA bracket uses larger diameter hardware to the differential housing. The arms etc will swap. If you wanted to use camber brackets you just drill/ream for later hardware.
The following users liked this post:
Ronstar (05-13-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 06:50 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 525 Likes on 475 Posts

I can speak to this to some degree. I just put on the Banski Motorsport rear suspension upgrade on my 86. Whether an 85 or 95 AFAIK it's the same kit, so that part is the same. Now there are some sleeves to the kit depending on whether it takes 1/2" or 5/8" bolts in any particular spot. The main difference I noted though was the opening in the bottom of the knuckle for the camber rod. Apparently the 'norm' is 1.7" while mine are 1.64" so I had to modify those parts to match my knuckle.

All I can tell you. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by hcbph
I can speak to this to some degree. I just put on the Banski Motorsport rear suspension upgrade on my 86. Whether an 85 or 95 AFAIK it's the same kit, so that part is the same. Now there are some sleeves to the kit depending on whether it takes 1/2" or 5/8" bolts in any particular spot. The main difference I noted though was the opening in the bottom of the knuckle for the camber rod. Apparently the 'norm' is 1.7" while mine are 1.64" so I had to modify those parts to match my knuckle.

All I can tell you. Good luck.
How do you like the banski stuff?
Old 05-14-2017, 11:18 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 525 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar
How do you like the banski stuff?
Here's the background and my opinions. I have had the car for almost 4 years, it never handled curves etc. like I thought it should. It had 10 yr old tires, seemed to wallow in curves and just didn't handle like I felt it should.
I was going to just replace the bushings till I spent some time reviewing both the Banski product and reviews from people that had installed it. I decided to go with the Banski product. Installation was relatively easy (other than the knuckle issue I mentioned earlier). I made up what amounted to trammel points, setting up the replacements in as close to the replaced parts length as I could. It was simply unhook one side spring, replace the parts one at a time and put it back together. Only thing I couldn't do that to was the toe rods and that was measuring.
After I was done it was get a 4 wheel alignment done - results were good. Handled better, less squeaks were gone; worth the effort. I then changed out the rims and tires with 18" and that made the ride great.
Was it worth it - absolutely. Would I do it again - absolutely.

Things I found: the bushings had been previously replaced with poly. The upper camber rod bushings were the worst ones I found, very badly worn.

That's my experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by hcbph:
kalvin06 (05-15-2017), Ronstar (05-14-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 12:19 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

The suspension had major changes in 1988, so parts prior to that do not interchange with the later parts.

Get notified of new replies

To do all c4s use same rear suspesion rods

Quick Reply: do all c4s use same rear suspesion rods