C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

96 modified auto shift pressures

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Bigpoop
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 96 modified auto shift pressures

Just some screen snaps of LT1-Edit modifications to auto shift table. INCREDIBLE difference. Will hit 2nd chirp and shifts excellent. 2/3 is GREATLY improved. LONGEVITY IS UNKNOWN..USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. But it is a simple straight forward change. No modifications to shift timing or learning tables. Mainly just a rise in pressure and a dribble down to underlying tables.

I did mode modify some of the speeds at which it shifts....usually up 2-5 mph. But that is a personal preference of test and tune. This is by no means a 'safe' modification. Not enough data on web to confirm. I also turned off abuse mode.

I'll take the risk, you will have to assess on your own, but the POINT is this WORKS.

Good luck, and I threw in a 160 thermo fan on/off for good measure.

I certainly appreciate EVERYONE's comments...ESPECIALLY GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN THERE DONE THAT....NOT INTERNET GURUS.

NOTE: 55,000 miles 'virgin' tranny. No shift kit or converter. All stock.
Attached Images       

Last edited by Bigpoop; 05-21-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:07 AM
sprink94
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigpoop
Just some screen snaps of LT1-Edit modifications to auto shift table. INCREDIBLE difference. Will hit 2nd chirp and shifts excellent. 2/3 is GREATLY improved. LONGEVITY IS UNKNOWN..USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. But it is a simple straight forward change. No modifications to shift timing or learning tables. Mainly just a rise in pressure and a dribble down to underlying tables.

I did mode modify some of the speeds at which it shifts....usually up 2-5 mph. But that is a personal preference of test and tune. This is by no means a 'safe' modification. Not enough data on web to confirm. I also turned off abuse mode.

I'll take the risk, you will have to assess on your own, but the POINT is this WORKS.

Good luck, and I threw in a 160 thermo fan on/off for good measure.

I certainly appreciate EVERYONE's comments...ESPECIALLY GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN THERE DONE THAT....NOT INTERNET GURUS.

NOTE: 55,000 miles 'virgin' tranny. No shift kit or converter. All stock.
Excuse my ignorance...but how did you access the ECM to see this screen?

Quick Reply: 96 modified auto shift pressures