C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Meziere EWP help

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 12:46 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Meziere EWP help

Hey guys, anyone with a meziere pump tried replacing a meziere pump? I know , tricky question. My meziere unit is leaking and I have a spare tested in working order one on the side, I have 2 questions about the replacement.

question 1, will my ac accumulator get in the way of me trying to replace the unit?

question 2, I bought a new water pump cover o ring to use on the new meziere unit, should I use silicone? Or is the new o ring all that I need?

My mechanic used silicone and the o ring on the first pump that is currently installed and I have a feeling the silicone is what is causing it to leak. Tried searching the forum but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, oh yea, my car is a 96 CE
Old 05-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Teothe1nonly
Hey guys, anyone with a meziere pump tried replacing a meziere pump? I know , tricky question. My meziere unit is leaking and I have a spare tested in working order one on the side, I have 2 questions about the replacement.

question 1, will my ac accumulator get in the way of me trying to replace the unit?

question 2, I bought a new water pump cover o ring to use on the new meziere unit, should I use silicone? Or is the new o ring all that I need?

My mechanic used silicone and the o ring on the first pump that is currently installed and I have a feeling the silicone is what is causing it to leak. Tried searching the forum but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, oh yea, my car is a 96 CE
anyone?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:40 PM
A Peter C4
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

You could contact Merziere for there recommendation .
Old 05-28-2017, 05:02 AM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

I installed my Meziere with just the o-ring. No leaks for over 10 years.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:56 AM
jmgtp
Drifting

Received 205 Likes on 164 Posts

At least 5 years on mine, just the o-ring. No leaks.

Get notified of new replies

To Meziere EWP help

Quick Reply: Meziere EWP help