C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

87 headlight relay positions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:49 PM
PAULEDWARD55
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 87 headlight relay positions.

There are 3 relays on the left side below the left headlight. 2 are headlight relays and 1 is the isolation relay. what is the position of these. Is the isolation relay on one side or in the middle between the 2 headlight relays?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:52 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by PAULEDWARD55
There are 3 relays on the left side below the left headlight. 2 are headlight relays and 1 is the isolation relay. what is the position of these. Is the isolation relay on one side or in the middle between the 2 headlight relays?
Unless they've been tweaked I believe ISOLATION is upper. ONLY the ISOLATION relay is GRAY, BLACK, RED wires. The individual R & L have GREEN or GREEN/WHITE & BLACK or BLACK/WHITE. Left I believe is SOLID and the right is striped.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:50 AM
Hot Rod Roy
Safety Car

Received 536 Likes on 453 Posts

The "Isolation" relay has four terminals, and the two "Actuator" relays have five. The LH Actuator relay has a white wire on pin A, while the RH Actuator relay has a white/black wire on pin A. The two Actuator relays may be exchanged, as they are the same.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:21 PM
PAULEDWARD55
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy
The "Isolation" relay has four terminals, and the two "Actuator" relays have five. The LH Actuator relay has a white wire on pin A, while the RH Actuator relay has a white/black wire on pin A. The two Actuator relays may be exchanged, as they are the same.

Thanks for the help. Ends up that I was able to clean the right hand motor and it now goes up and down correctly. The left hand motor only worked going down. On attempting to clean the it after taking it apart, I fat fingered one of the brushes.
Buying one motor is better than buying 2 motors.
Next step is to replace the front spring--need someplace in eastern Mass. for that.

Get notified of new replies

To 87 headlight relay positions.

Quick Reply: 87 headlight relay positions.