C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wireing issues in 91 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 11:33 AM
KAG1991
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireing issues in 91 convertible

Hello,
I recently just bought my first Corvette. A friend of mine has been working on it and came across a bunch of wires in the rear passenger back corner under the carpet. A few of them are corroded and have separated from water sitting in there from the rain. It looks like there are multiple wires that are disconnected. Orange,white and green are the wires that are disconnected. Would anyone know what these wires are for or have a schematic of what they are suppose to do? Any help would be much appreciated. Also, would the water getting in there and sitting there just be a weather stripping issue?

Thanks
Attached Images   

Last edited by KAG1991; 06-04-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:00 PM
KAG1991
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
Orange is hot at all times. Probably antenna relay power, dome lights (+), and spare tire light (+).
Lt Grn is back up lights.
Wht is domelights (-) side. Grounded by dome light timer or dome light relay (90-96), turns on dome lights.
Thanks for the info. I'll let my friend know who has been working on the car.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:21 PM
KAG1991
8th Gear

You didn't note exactly where that connection is. Nor the year of the car. But looking at the connector style, the wires, and the configuration of the harness behind it, I suspect it is in the RR corner of an 84-87.
If so that connector is to the rear lamp extension, and the orange and white only go to the spare tire light after this connector. Lt grn is always back up lights (if its in the rear harness. Applies to all GM's of the era).
Sorry, it is in the far rear corner passenger side. It's a 1991.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:53 PM
KAG1991
8th Gear

You put "1991" in the title. I missed that, and I apologize. I also missed "convertible", and the wire harness routing is different than in a coupe which is my excuse for not recognizing where that view was. I don't think a coupe even has that connector. Learn something every day.

A 91 does have the spare tire light, so that is what the orange and white wires go to. I know I have that correct.
Ok great! I appreciate your time. I will let my friend know who is working on the car. I'm sure I'll be on here again with another issue real soon. The car has been a bit of a nightmare. Thank you.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:56 PM
KAG1991
8th Gear

The power antenna is broke. I wonder if they just disconnected that one wire you were talking about for it?

Get notified of new replies

To Wireing issues in 91 convertible

Quick Reply: Wireing issues in 91 convertible