C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Injector identification?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 PM
C4ProjectCar
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Injector identification?

Some time ago, I noticed that one of my fuel injectors was different from all the rest. It ran fine so I didn't sweat it, but I have the fuel rail off right now so I thought I'd investigate.

I know it's not ideal to have different injectors on the car, but as long as it runs fine and is rated the same as the rest I'll probably leave it for the time being.

As far as I can tell, the majority of them are Delphi 21 lb/hr injectors, with part number 01D036B. However, no amount of googling revealed anything about the lone injector, which appears to say "R?N-563 ???" (214 maybe?). Do you guys know what it is?

Last edited by C4ProjectCar; 07-26-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Tod Stiles
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

I believe that's a Standard FJ47
Old 07-26-2017, 08:27 PM
C4ProjectCar
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tod Stiles
I believe that's a Standard FJ47
Ah, you're right, I was mistaken.

Any idea what the other one is?
Old 07-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Tod Stiles
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by C4ProjectCar
Ah, you're right, I was mistaken.

Any idea what the other one is?
Arrrgh! I didn't know that there was a test tonight!

Just to be clear, the ones that are mostly silver look like a Standard injector, (btw FJ47 was the first number I thought of it might not be right). The one that's mostly black is a stumper for me. The body looks as though it's a Standard or Airtex and whoever else uses that original manufacturer. It's not a Lucas body and I don't think Bosch, Rochester/Delco ever made that style with the short nose. Also that nose looks pressed on to me vs being part of the body. So I'm going to guess and say that's a Standard part from other than their usual source.

Guess I fail

Anybody else?
Old 07-27-2017, 01:41 AM
C4ProjectCar
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tod Stiles
Arrrgh! I didn't know that there was a test tonight!

Just to be clear, the ones that are mostly silver look like a Standard injector, (btw FJ47 was the first number I thought of it might not be right). The one that's mostly black is a stumper for me. The body looks as though it's a Standard or Airtex and whoever else uses that original manufacturer. It's not a Lucas body and I don't think Bosch, Rochester/Delco ever made that style with the short nose. Also that nose looks pressed on to me vs being part of the body. So I'm going to guess and say that's a Standard part from other than their usual source.

Guess I fail

Anybody else?
No, you were dead on! I looked it up and the FJ47s are p/n 01D036_, which is a match.

Wow, how do you know so much about fuel injector mfgs? All I could tell you when I see one is, "That's a fuel injector."
I'm looking through Standard's catalog, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that's going to get me anywhere. None of the injectors listed for a '90 Corvette were a match, and the furthest I could narrow their entire assortment of injectors down without specifying my car left a list of 500 parts to sort through.

I was hoping this was a common injector to use on a TPI engine, but I guess not.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:49 AM
C409
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

..... Google ... Stan Weiss fuel injector flow chart .....
Old 07-27-2017, 03:06 PM
C4ProjectCar
Drifting

Originally Posted by C409
..... Google ... Stan Weiss fuel injector flow chart .....
Thanks for the suggestion, but none of the three part numbers on that page containing "563" were a match.

Get notified of new replies

To Injector identification?

Quick Reply: Injector identification?