C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Choosing an LT1 ECU for Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 06:24 PM
brightaquavette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing an LT1 ECU for Tuning

I'm planning on doing a cam, headers, and heads pretty soon on my 93, and I'm trying to decide what ECU to go with. I've been searching for the last few days for information on the different options, but it seems like there's a good amount of conflicting information out there.

Which options are the best in terms of conversion simplicity and ease of finding a tuner to work on it?

I'd prefer to go with something that can be live-tuned if possible. From the research I've done a 24x conversion seems to be the best all-around swap, is that true?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

For 24x you will need LS PCM the LT1 ECM is not going to run the coil on plug ignition. The 94-96 LT1 ECMs are flash programming. There are different views on whether to tune with OBD I or OBD2.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:20 AM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

On your 1993 LTx you can do real time tuning with a Moates Ostrich. I personally see no reason to go aftermarket ECM/PCM. The GM LTx PCM is very powerful and all you need. The 1992/93 PCM S/D can be 1, 2, or 3 BAR. And with the Ostrich you can do real time tuning !!! What more can you ask for - especially with NO rewiring ??????? OK you ask sequential vs. batch ? Good question - batch with 63's will support 600 RWHP. Want more maybe then we consider sequential ?????? greg

Get notified of new replies

To Choosing an LT1 ECU for Tuning

Quick Reply: Choosing an LT1 ECU for Tuning