C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Replacing O2 Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Default Replacing O2 Sensors

Have a '95 Corvette coupe. Got a check engine light the other day. Scanned it and showed a 64 code. Right bank O2 sensor lean indicated. Changing both driver's side and passenger side O2 sensors. How hard is it to do? BTW my car has stock exhaust manifolds, no headers. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 786 Likes on 563 Posts

Had both changed on my 96. Was with the mechanic with the car on a lift. Passenger side was much harder. It took him maybe 8 minutes each. Half the time was unpacking the new ones and applying the supplied antiseiz. I personally would not try to do with the car just jacked up but I am sure many have. Dan

Last edited by Whaleman; 08-15-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:53 AM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 121 Posts

The drivers side is pretty easy and straight forward, you do it all from under the car. The passenger side, IIRC I unplugged it from the harness, then went in from the top with the crows foot on a few long socket extensions. After it was loosened up enough I was able to remove it by hand from under the car. All of this was done on jack stands in my driveway. This is assuming you have the stock exhaust.
The following users liked this post:
mixalive (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 07:16 AM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Originally Posted by sluggballz
The drivers side is pretty easy and straight forward, you do it all from under the car. The passenger side, IIRC I unplugged it from the harness, then went in from the top with the crows foot on a few long socket extensions. After it was loosened up enough I was able to remove it by hand from under the car. All of this was done on jack stands in my driveway. This is assuming you have the stock exhaust.
Stock exhaust manifolds, with a Magnaflow catback. Thanks Slugg.

Get notified of new replies

To Replacing O2 Sensors

Quick Reply: Replacing O2 Sensors