C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Seat repairs

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:58 AM
jagvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat repairs

OK here's the dilemma I bought new seat foams and covers for my 88 Vette and getting the old foam and cover out was easy, now I am trying to put the back piece in which has to go under 4 tags on the seat back but no matter how hard I try I can't get the ferkin things to catch on the hooks, does ANYONE know if there is a trick to getting these in .

Of course as the foams are new they are very hard to depress, any help especially with pictures would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Jagvette
Old 09-16-2017, 07:48 AM
357L98
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You need a long flat blade tool with a notch cut in the end to push the heavy wire frame into the tabs in the seat back. It's not easy to do, but that worked for me.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:24 AM
mickey5
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts

I just hooked the 2 inside wires and tabs and left the other 2 loose. I haven't had any issues with the cushions trying to come loose or moving around. The bottom cushions I just put in place without hooking the front wire to the frame. Every year or two I just pull out all the cushions and reverse driver and passenger sides. It helps the seats retain their new look. Also use lots of Lexol conditioning cream.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:55 PM
jagvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat issue

Ahhh I see I shall have to be creative and make something.

Like Mikey5 suggestion about swapping the seat cushions around to save wear.

Jagvette

Originally Posted by 357L98
You need a long flat blade tool with a notch cut in the end to push the heavy wire frame into the tabs in the seat back. It's not easy to do, but that worked for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat repairs

Quick Reply: Seat repairs