C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

need help getting power to fuel pump and injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Thomas Pope
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help getting power to fuel pump and injectors

hey guy , ok i have a 88 c4 vette , had vats issues , i bypassed the starter enable relay , so it turns over and will start if gas is put down the intake , now i know vats also controlls the power to the pump and injectors , i got a chip from pcm for less , still no power to pump or injectors, i ran 12 volts to terminal g on the diagnostic port , and fuel pump turns on and stays on like i was told it should , now what lol any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Thomas Pope
Heel & Toe

quick update , put a pressure guage on fuel , at time of start it pressure goes to 45 , still not start though
Old 10-01-2017, 02:05 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Check injector fuse.

Last edited by 383vett; 10-01-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Thomas Pope
Heel & Toe

checked all fuses , they are all good
Old 10-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Thomas Pope
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
Short A&B on the ALDL together and check for ECM Code 46. If it is there, you have a VATS problem. 46 = ECM will not enable fuel injector pulses.
If 46 is not there, turn the key on and check any, or a few, injector connector's pink wire to ground (NOT the other terminal) for 12Volts.
If = YES, buy a noid light for a few bucks and check for injector pulses while cranking.
If = NO, the ECM is not receiving injector pulses from the distributor.
Check for spark.
If = NO, fix the distributor, possibly the pick-up coil. (NOT the main coil that makes sparks).

That's how I'd go about it.

EDIT: I see it runs if gas put in the intake. So you have spark. But if you don't have injector pulses, the ECM may not be receiving the reference signal from the distributor.
EDIT II: I also see you have an aftermarket PROM. I'll leave this up, maybe it will help someone in the future. But I've learned over 20 years of forum participation that aftermarket PROMS are impossible to work with over the internet. I have no idea what is in there, or the parameters for DTC's etc. Get the guys that provided the PROM to help you.
the chip i got from pcm is one that my stock prom attaches to and then their chip plugs into the ecm ,but in theory if the chip was working with the vats, and if i tricked it to flash the codes i shouldnt get a code 46 anymore correct , and my problem would be else where, this is my first car with tpi , getting a bit overwhelmed

Get notified of new replies

To need help getting power to fuel pump and injectors

Quick Reply: need help getting power to fuel pump and injectors