C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Module 4 no code only ERR

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 12:54 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Module 4 no code only ERR

Working on my 1993 LT1 Six speed.
Problem began during my fuel economy run contest at Eureka Springs Corvette Weekend. During the course of the event the speedometer went out and odometer locked the mileage, asr and abs light plus service light came. Car bucked a couple of times as it was at a low rpm. I would let it coast in neutral with clutch in going down hill so it was just idling. When I stopped along the route and shut engine down it would reset and speedometer would work until it happened again. Did this all the way home to Michigan. I have a battery shut off and reset the computer several times to no avail. Thought it was the VSS but just removed it and it checks out ok.
Codes C25, C41, H25, H41, H54, H62, H72 and in module 4 displayed ERR.
I thought that code 41 may have been set as a result of low engine rpm and vehicle speed of 40 plus mph. The history code H54 was due to a fuel pump going out and replaced 3 weeks ago before trip. The H62 was from the previous engine that overheated. The H72 not sure about as it is not in my fsm. I see in one article it was only referenced to the 94-96 C4's.
With the module 4 showing ERR would that put the car in limp home mode?
When ignition is turned on the both fans for the radiator come on even though a/c is off. That happend after I was checking the codes. I have not started the engine since than and will need to wait until I reinstall vss back in transmission. Be next week before I can do anything an some time to do more research for answers.
Thanks everyone in advance for any help.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:46 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Have these issues/codes been consistent or more random?
Old 10-22-2017, 11:17 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

No. Just started when lost speedometer. I do have an extra ECM, would need to swap out prom to see if it is a ecm problem. Waiting for a new o-ring to put on the vss of the old one to reinstall. Or go ahead and install the new vss.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:45 PM
babbo1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with my 93, did you solve your problem?

Get notified of new replies

To Module 4 no code only ERR

Quick Reply: Module 4 no code only ERR