C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

New Wheel Bearings - Did I get the right ones?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 05:43 PM
brimby
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wheel Bearings - Did I get the right ones?

I just got this pair of wheel bearings in the mail and was about to take my car to my mechanic to have them put in. https://www.am-autoparts.com/product...ml?m=18&y=1992

But on the phone my mechanic started asking me about ABS sensors. It looks to me like in the picture of the product it shows ABS sensors, but the ones I received in the mail do not have that pigtail wire coming out of them.

These are going to go in the rear. Am I good, or do I need to reorder a pair that have the sensor?
Old 11-09-2017, 06:37 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

IIRC the abs ring is on the axel stub on the rear and the sensor is bolted into the knuckle. None of that is on the rear hub itself.

Is that your issue then if so, I believe you're covered if htat's the right part for your car (you mentioned the part but not the year car it's going on).
Old 11-09-2017, 08:03 PM
brimby
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok great yeah my only issue was whether or not it was supposed to have abs on the hub or not. It's on a '92.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:05 AM
yd328
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

My 95 does not have the sensor in the bearing. The sensor is bolted to the housing that the bearing mounts to. If you pull your wheel you will see it bolted into the housing. I believe your 92 would be the same.

Gary

Get notified of new replies

To New Wheel Bearings - Did I get the right ones?

Quick Reply: New Wheel Bearings - Did I get the right ones?