C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

no power/pulse to injectors. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:37 PM
3D-Aircrew
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 64Scout

It should show 12s anyway whether there are other codes or not. 12 just means the engine isn't running.
To clarify ... the 12 codes are basically parentheses to the real error code. If you do not see the 6 12's then the ECM has issues.

error code
The following users liked this post:
64Scout (11-18-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 12:47 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Just wanted to see for sure. You get power at the fuse level but the car won't stop without ether and when you are cranking you get no flashing lights on the injector noid lights?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:12 PM
nmay
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright guys here what i did today,
I tested the injector plugs for power. none at all. i get power to the fuses for the injectors. i took off my new distributor module and took it to oriellys to have it tested, i also had the old one tested. turns out the new module i bought was fried and the old one works great. so i took it home put it all back together and still, no fix. i also decided to change the coil out with another new one i had laying around. never used. and still no fix. after all this i tryied to clear the codes again and still nothing. i think my next step is to fork up the money for an obd 1 scanner because i dont think the pin trick is doing me any good. i do hear the fuel pump prime, and my fuel presure is good. im just not getting power to the injectors and i dont have the tool to check for volts at the tps.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:12 PM
nmay
Advanced

Originally Posted by aklim
Just wanted to see for sure. You get power at the fuse level but the car won't stop without ether and when you are cranking you get no flashing lights on the injector noid lights?
correct
Old 11-16-2017, 03:17 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nmay
correct
So what we are saying is it won't start at all but will crank. However once started with starting fluid it will run?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:45 PM
3D-Aircrew
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

... after all this i tryied to clear the codes again and still nothing. i think my next step is to fork up the money for an obd 1 scanner because i dont think the pin trick is doing me any good....
So you had some codes? And?
Old 11-16-2017, 04:16 PM
nmay
Advanced

So what we are saying is it won't start at all but will crank. However once started with starting fluid it will run?
yes. it will not start. it will crank like its so close, but will not start without starter fluid. it is a fact that i have no power to the injector harnesses so my injectors dont even get a chance to work
Old 11-16-2017, 04:17 PM
nmay
Advanced

Originally Posted by rharker
no, no codes. as far as i understand. the only way to know is with a scanner
Old 11-16-2017, 04:25 PM
aklim
Team Owner

yes. it will not start. it will crank like its so close, but will not start without starter fluid. it is a fact that i have no power to the injector harnesses so my injectors dont even get a chance to work
From what you are saying, the injectors only pulse AFTER it gets running? After all, the ether starts it and the engine is able to continue running after that.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:38 PM
nmay
Advanced

IIRC, the TPS is adjustable. http://www.enduringautomotive.com/tps/

IDK. I'd use my scanner but you can try unplugging the battery or going to Autozone. Supposedly they tell you to unplug the battery and turn on the light or wait for 20 mins. Never verified that personally so IDK.
i just back probed my tps. its set and working correctly according to my ohm meter
Old 11-16-2017, 04:41 PM
nmay
Advanced

From what you are saying, the injectors only pulse AFTER it gets running? After all, the ether starts it and the engine is able to continue running after that.
no, my injector harnesses are not working at all. when i start the car with starter fluid, it will run for a few seconds till the starter fluid is gone then it stalls. injectors never come on. only the cold start injector has power. the other 8 have nothing
Old 11-16-2017, 05:02 PM
nmay
Advanced

Originally Posted by desertmike1
Here is the Code interrogation instruction;

http://www.corvettephotographs.com/c4vettes/codes.htm

To Clear the codes on an 87 you can simply remove the Battery negative cable for a few seconds, and reattach.
Alright, i did the code test like you instructed, after the third 12, the anti lock light came on, then blinked three more 12s. now my car wont even crank. answers please?? this car is gonna make a grown man cry
Old 11-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Vic'89
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

iv got everything working all the way up to the injectors.
Did you ohm ALL of the 8 fuel injectors ?

Sound like a shorted out Injector to me.

Vic
Old 11-16-2017, 07:03 PM
aklim
Team Owner

i just back probed my tps. its set and working correctly according to my ohm meter
I suppose that is one way of doing it since it is a rheostat. Not sure what values to tell you to get. 1 is 5V, the other is ground and the other one should be about 0.54V. Not sure how to set it by resistance.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:05 PM
aklim
Team Owner

no, my injector harnesses are not working at all. when i start the car with starter fluid, it will run for a few seconds till the starter fluid is gone then it stalls. injectors never come on. only the cold start injector has power. the other 8 have nothing
OK. So now what we have is the car works except it doesn't get injector pulse either when it is cranking or running. It is the starter fluid that sustains it and when it is gone, no fuel.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:07 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Alright, i did the code test like you instructed, after the third 12, the anti lock light came on, then blinked three more 12s. now my car wont even crank. answers please?? this car is gonna make a grown man cry
Is the security light on? Is the gear in correct position? If the gearshift is out the system will not allow you to start. I would think that there would be a code if VATS disabled the car. Try cranking again in 15 minutes and see that the shifter is in neutral or park
Old 11-16-2017, 07:08 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Vic'89

Vic
I suppose one injector could short out a bank but both banks? It should run like crap with one bank, shouldn't it? Ask me how I know.

Get notified of new replies

To no power/pulse to injectors. Please Help

Old 11-16-2017, 07:11 PM
nmay
Advanced

OK. So now what we have is the car works except it doesn't get injector pulse either when it is cranking or running. It is the starter fluid that sustains it and when it is gone, no fuel.
yes now we are on the same page. but now it wont crank at all after checking it for codes this afternoon. when i checked for codes, the service engine light blinked 12s three times then the anti lock light came on, then the service light blinked 3 more 12s and now the car wont even crank. i tried to clear the code and the car still wont crank and the anti lock light is still on
Old 11-16-2017, 07:14 PM
nmay
Advanced

Originally Posted by rharker
i tested it for codes. i Got three 12s then the anti lock light came on and then got another three 12s. and now my car wont turn over at all. what did i do? i also tried clearing the codes after this and the anti lock light still comes on and the car doesnt turn over still.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:16 PM
nmay
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vic'89

Vic
so your saying if one of the injectors shorts out, it will kill power to all 8?

Quick Reply: no power/pulse to injectors. Please Help