C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1985 door sill difficulty

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:44 AM
1475glenave
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1985 door sill difficulty

hi,

i removed all screws visible on door sill trim but it is still stuck on something...do i need to remove the seat belt trim first... also having difficulty removing seat belt trim at bottom...it is loose but stuck ...can i pry it off? does cushion on sill just pull off?
Old 11-30-2017, 03:28 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Been a while since I was in there, but check the cover on the parking brake (assuming you're working on the drivers side). I won't swear to it but I think the one screw on the cover may go through the sill cover. They are a bear to get at with the seat in, just a warning.

Good luck.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:33 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by hcbph
Been a while since I was in there, but check the cover on the parking brake (assuming you're working on the drivers side). I won't swear to it but I think the one screw on the cover may go through the sill cover. They are a bear to get at with the seat in, just a warning.

Good luck.
I believe in 85 there is a screw that holds Brake trim to the sill trim and 1 hiding behind the the handle, but one thing for sure is it is stuck to the Sill frame by a tar Mastic, So if it is one of the colder Days I would recommend you get the car as warm as you can and work Slowly lifting from "B" pillar end and support the Narrow area and take your time or you may snap the trim above the Brake

Last edited by s carter; 11-30-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1985 door sill difficulty

Quick Reply: 1985 door sill difficulty