C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

95 auto tran performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 PM
keithhogan
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 95 auto tran performance

I have a 95 LT1 with auto tran and want to find out the speed / RPM at which the shift from 3rd to 4th occurs at WOT. Thanks for any guidance.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:51 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by keithhogan
I have a 95 LT1 with auto tran and want to find out the speed / RPM at which the shift from 3rd to 4th occurs at WOT. Thanks for any guidance.
Hi
my c4 the T700 used in early c4s they didn't shift into 4th at full throttle, have to back off the accelerator for the 3 to 4 shift.
Was a real disappointment at an airstrip top speed run event, having to take the foot off a little for it to shift to 4th. Then slowly accelerate to the point where it would not kick down to 3rd, then use full throttle in 4th.

Some say standard they allowed 3 to 4 with wide open throttle, I have never had that happen in my c4. I believe the 4th is to fragile for a wide open throttle shift, hopefully that has been solved in the later C4s cause it sucks.

On 1/4 mile runs its at that limit ... just, only where you have a chance to step on the loud pedal for as long as you like is where it shows up. Which we usually never get to do legally...
Old 01-15-2018, 06:52 PM
keithhogan
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

last time out I was at WOT and when I hit 120 MPH I was still in 3rd and I backed off.

Any later model C4 drivers that can guide me here?

thanks

Get notified of new replies

To 95 auto tran performance

Quick Reply: 95 auto tran performance