C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C41 advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

The tan wire connect the ECM, the auto climate control, radio head, and ABS unit. The entire system works on a circuit kinda like a "fax" machine.... its not 12 volts or etc. If there is interference in any of the system it will throw a C41 and no start. This is a large issue to tackle. You need to start with a known correct PART NUMBER (not just part from same year -style car- trust me - I know this) , is the radio and receiver in the car and stock, this will cause problem too if non stock radio, also, check continuity to the data port, ecm, abs, and air control, all should ohm zero, and if that all checks out, you need to check the abs unit to each wheel sensors zero ohm (really take two people unless you want to be creative) there are a lot within these issues that can cause your problems, but I will also mention this unlikely event, look at the factory wiring harness diagram, there is a common ground point behind the upper dash on the fire wall, its a known pinch point that has been known to cause C41 when ALL ELSE test good. Your mileage may vary. This code is dreaded because EACH STEP of the FSM much be precisely followed to diagnose and if car has had the wiring cut on or aftermarket parts installed...well , good luck.

Last edited by corvette95; 02-20-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:27 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Yes, this is also possible without a known history of the car and a quick check.
Originally Posted by BlowerWorks
9 times out of ten - a lost ground !!!!!!!!!! Look for broken grounds at the engine/bell housing !!!!!!! One bad ground and all hell can break loose !
Easy to do if either engine or trans has been out of vehicle !!!
Old 03-14-2018, 12:07 AM
Norcalvett
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So iv found the c41 issue and repaired it
fitted reco ecu and i have the electronic system operational , but still no start.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:14 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

So what did you do to repair code 41, what all did you do prior. Need more details.

Quick Reply: C41 advice needed