C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1.6 Ratio Comp cam Ultra Pro MAG Full Roller

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 09:35 AM
ābsinth77
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using those lifters for a few years on my builds and what might be the issue is the push rod length. How did you measure push rod length? Must use solid lifter and push rod checker tool ($15) or alignment issues will occur. The push rods might be hitting guide plates or flexing. Coil bind can happen too but many full RR will make sowing machine sound. Also ALL hydraulic lifters made oversees like many US cam companies use are garbage and noisy with high failure rate. You would be better using solid lifters since both are noisy anyways. Did you figure out yet?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:44 AM
wikdwizard
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I had almost the same setup for a while and it will always make a little noise as mentioned in the previous post. The Comp 875 lifters liked 1/8 turn best though. Another thing noted in the previous post is pushrod to guideplate interference. This was an issue for me when I went to a 1.7 rocker and the guideplates had to be clearanced.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:25 PM
97sswcubes78
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ever solve this mystery ?
Im going through the same exact s*** with my pro magnum roller rockers.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:54 PM
ansonpoon
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the exact same sound (but worst) at 2k miles after rebuilding the engine with the Comp Pro Ultra Magnum solid RR, 7/16 studs, Comp Hi-Tech hardened pushrods and Chevy Performance hydraulic roller lifters. Haven't have the chance to diagnose the sound hands-on but after reading this thread, I think it might as well be roller rocker loosening/misalignment. The sound on my 94 varies with rpm, it is quite audible while driving and is accompanied with a slapping sort of noise. Does yours sound somewhat like this when driving? Have you solved the problem with the adjustments?
Old 03-29-2021, 04:51 AM
ME93
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

first vid sounds like rockers second video sounds like rods.

Quick Reply: 1.6 Ratio Comp cam Ultra Pro MAG Full Roller