C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C4 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Christ Naber
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Turbo?

I have a 70mm turbo I was thinking of squeezing on my vette but question would be how much horsepower can the frame and drive train handle?
Old 03-11-2018, 02:54 PM
JasBass
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Christ Naber
I have a 70mm turbo I was thinking of squeezing on my vette but question would be how much horsepower can the frame and drive train handle?
Depends on yours trans and rear diff combo. Auto or manual, ZF6 or 700R4? Rear diff changes with those options
Old 03-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Christ Naber
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JasBass
Depends on yours trans and rear diff combo. Auto or manual, ZF6 or 700R4? Rear diff changes with those options
Right now it's a stock C4 it has 3' exhaust is about it. I was worried more about the frame twisting than breaking the rear and trans. They can be upgraded.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:43 PM
JasBass
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Christ Naber
Right now it's a stock C4 it has 3' exhaust is about it. I was worried more about the frame twisting than breaking the rear and trans. They can be upgraded.
You've got guys up here dropping high horsepower BBCs in C4s. There is so much that goes into your question. Are you dragging, road use, auto cross, etc. What are you dropping the 70m turbo on, are you keeping the stock engine, etc, etc. Reading a lot of the past posts, you never see mention of frame mods until people have dropped solid rear axles in their cars and are running high torque/horse drag motors. More details about your intended use and driveline info (year, trans, etc.) will help others chime in.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Christ Naber
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JasBass
You've got guys up here dropping high horsepower BBCs in C4s. There is so much that goes into your question. Are you dragging, road use, auto cross, etc. What are you dropping the 70m turbo on, are you keeping the stock engine, etc, etc. Reading a lot of the past posts, you never see mention of frame mods until people have dropped solid rear axles in their cars and are running high torque/horse drag motors. More details about your intended use and driveline info (year, trans, etc.) will help others chime in.
95 C4, I'm looking for a car I can drive on the street and run the 1/4 mile for fun. 5 and change I think should be respectable for horsepower but I was told the turbo could get it up to 7.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Turbo?

Quick Reply: C4 Turbo?