C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Door panel mounted rear hatch switch question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 01:34 PM
TheGreek!
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Door panel mounted rear hatch switch question

Will the door panel mounted rear hatch switches from an early 90's C4 fit into the door panels of an '85? I can't find any reasonably priced switches for the '85 (the only ones I've been able to find is from a place that wants over 80 bucks each for used original switches, no way I'm paying that kind of price for them) but there are lots of the later model switches available for a lot less than 80 bucks each on eBay. I can take the plug ends from my broken '85 switches and put them on the later model switches if the plugs are different, thats no big deal, but I need to know if the later model door panel mounted rear hatch switches will fit correctly in the '85 door panel. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by TheGreek!; 03-22-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 PM
TheGreek!
Pro

Anybody?
Old 03-22-2018, 07:07 PM
TheGreek!
Pro

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
I am almost positive that the 85's switch footprint is identical to a standard 3/4" wide rocker switch. Remove the switch and measure the hole. You want a Momentary ON SPST configuration. A quick search came up with Cole Hersee Model # 192189. Even vato-zone and o-riely came up as possible sources.

I wouldn't pay $85 either.
I was thinking about that but I'd really like to have a factory looking switch (one with the little picture of the hatch on it) if possible. The switches at the local auto zone and O'Reilly weren't momentary switches, they were standard on-off switches. Anyway, I'm just curious if a later model Corvette door panel mounted hatch switch would fit into the door panel of an '85.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 172 Likes on 149 Posts

Yes all the same
Old 03-23-2018, 07:55 PM
nlneilson
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

How about the wiring from the center rest console that is where the switch is on my 84. Seems like that wiring change would be more of a hassle.

Get notified of new replies

To Door panel mounted rear hatch switch question

Quick Reply: Door panel mounted rear hatch switch question